Business Process Management Suite tool is not an IT tool. It is a tool must be used by both business and IT. It is a platform to bring both IT and business together. IT – Business alignment has been a topic for a while in the enterprise and IT strategy related discussion for a while. The true IT business alignment in the grass root level can be accomplished by selecting and implementing the BPMS tool in an organization.
Like innovation, agility is an another strategic imperatives being used by many successful organization. To accommodate the rapid change in the market, the agility within the IT organization in terms of technology, process, systems and etc are must have. It is not a good/best practice it is must have requirement in this dynamic market.
Who are the real users of the tool?
When the tool is viewed as an IT tool, then it is the starting point to defeat the whole purpose of the tool. BPMS is not an IT tool. It is an enterprise too which should be used by both IT and business. Generally, the business process management of the organization is maintained by non IT organization. Some of the organization has a centralized organization responsible for the business process management. They facilitate the business process for any new project requirement and also maintain the process house of the organization. It is a centralized business team to perform this function.
To summarize, the BPMS is not an IT tool and should be used by the following teams to make the BPMS implementation successful.
- BPM team (a centralized business facilitation team responsible to map a business for new requirement and maintain the process house of the organization)
- Business teams (cross functional)
- IT application architecture team
- IT enterprise architecture team
- Business analyst
- Executive Business analyst (who work for CEO or COO and provide the necessary business information working with the functional areas)
- Application development partners (right sourcing)