There are good use full blogs from lawyers stand point on social networking Etiquette. The recent cisco fatty is eye opener on the topic for those who are actively engaged in social networking and collaboration sphere. It must be coincidental, I heard a comment from one of my best friend during the weekend, “common sense is not common to every one” and cisco fatty incident is one of the best recent example for that comment. That comment needs deep thinking to understand purely. Common sense is a relative word. A set of people may think a set of facts is common sense to everyone. But they are in a sub set and that set is closed (it is true mathematically and it is called subspace) The real problem is, people in that set think they are in the universal set (super set) but they are not.
Social Networking Etiquette:
- Collaborate and share knowledge on common topics with out offending anyone intentionally
- Do not provide and do ignore unprofessional comments or feedback to blogs, youtube,
- Consider every one in your network and extended network is your colleague (not friend!) – The difference between colleague and friend is: Colleague is the one you respect for their value and friend is the one you accept for who they are. In long run, in some cases, colleague will become good friends)
- Be open, listen and you conclude in socnetsphere (I just invented a word. socnetsphere means Social network sphere)
- My dad taught this when I was a little, the best way to gain respect is to show it first. That is also true in socnetsphere. If you do not like somebody’s view, that is fine. We all have freedom to have our opinion.
- Social network is like your lungs. Use it or lose it. We can use social networks effectively to transform our country, our economy, our world & our universe